"The crosshairs wouldn't stay where you put 'em"

Tim Morten wrote:
>Sorry you're unhappy with the joystick autocentering; this is
>not a bug.  I recommend using a mouse if you don't like the
>feel of joystick play.

I haven't bought the game yet. But if using the mouse is like using the mouse in X-wing (that is, a completely pointless waste of time), then I may not bother investing so much money into your product.

>I understand that you are very unhappy about this, however many
>users are using joysticks and prefer autocentering.  We also
>had specific requests for autocentering in the design phase.

Just because Jim-bob the wonder-chimp wants auto-centering does not necessarily mean its a good thing. One thing that really annoyed me about the OLD demo was that the crosshairs wouldn't stay where you put 'em. Dammit, if I put those crosshairs up above the horizon, or down below, thats where the hell I want them to be. =)

Darrin Lee Bright

(ref: dbright1)