"Has there been a fix? NO."

Tim Morten writes:
     Doug Gould wrote:
     > I remember hearing the same crap about the stupid joystick/turret
     > control way back when MW2 was first released.  Has there been a fix? -
     > NO.  I'll be very surprised to see that you deal with the mech lab any
     > differently.
     Actually, our user base was so divided on the joystick control issue
     that it didn't make sense for us to change that, despite the verbosity
     of those that didn't like it.

O.K. Speak up ye who like the current implementation of joystick/turret control! I haven't heard *one* person say they like it. The most positive thing that I have heard is that people don't mind, 'cause the mouse control is so much better. The fact is, that the mouse works O.K. but the Joystick could be much better.

Furthermore, you "Tim Morten" seemed to indicate that this problem would be fixed in a patch to MW2. Now more than a year, a patch and two releases later, the joystick behaves the same way.

Old Quote from the MW2 Faq, part 2.

% From: "Tim Morten" <tmorten@activision.com>
% Date: 3 Aug 1995 22:59:12 -0800
%
% We are now actively looking at making the centering optional
% based on yours and others suggestions.
%
% It pains me to hear frustrated users <G>.

Doug Gould

(ref: gould1)